Apple did great job by adding true tone display support from iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus. True tone display uses device ambient light sensors and change screen hue and colour intensity according to surrounding light temperature. I mean if you are sitting under warm light (yellow tint) then your iPad Pro or iPhone 8/8 Plus display shows warm colour. If you are sitting under daylight (pure white) then your iPad Pro, iPhone 8/8 Plus display shows colour accordingly.
True tone display will be useful for normal user, your device screen will match surrounded lighting condition. But if you are doing creative work i.e. Doing grahphics design work or other color accuracy related creative taks via iPad Pro, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus then you should disable (off) true tone display. Otherwise you wil not able to pick correct color for creative work.
Here is the tip how to enable/disable true tone displau within iPad Pro, iPhone 8, and iPhone 8 Plus.
How to Enable or Disable True Tone Display on iPad Pro:
#1) Open Settings App on iPad Pro, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus.
#2) Tap Display and Brightness.
#3) Set True Tone (ON)
– ON: Enable true tone display on your device.
– OFF: Disable true tone display on your device.
Enable or Disable True Tone Display via Control Centre:
– Swipe from bottom to open control centre.
– Long press brightness control.
– Tap True Tone icon to enable it.
How to Enable or Disable True Tone Display on iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus:
– Use above steps for iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus, all device have similar settings.
– If you are using device for graphics work then disable (off) true tone display.
True Tone Display ON – Warm Light:
True Tone Display ON – Cool Light: